Friday, September 26, 2008

Wonder-Full Events

I found myself at Cafe Tropical enjoying a fine cup of coffee on a beautiful unemployed afternoon and came across so many noteworthy events that I had to rush back home and spread the word.

Oct. 3rd / 7PM / "Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison"
This documentary covers the making of Johnny Cash's album "At Folsom Prison." This screen is free at the Hammer Museum and is the west coast premiere of the film.

Oct. 18th / Wonder-Full LA3
DJ Spinna and Bobbito return to LA for their Stevie Wonder tribute night "Wonder-Full." This is their 3rd time throwing this event in Los Angeles. I attended last years at The Crash Mansion and it was amazing--an entire club singing along to Stevie Wonder classics!!! This year they're throwing it at The Echo/Echoplex. Attendance is mandatory.

Presale $15 / Door $20 / The Echo/Echoplex / 1822 Sunset Blvd + 90026



Nov 4 / Diplo/Mad Decent Crew
Diplo is coming to LA?!?! An election day party?!? Diplo makes it trough LA regularly but I never pass up a change to be inspired by what he lays down live. This is a party I really really want to go to but I have to admit I've become a bit of a political junkie so I may be at home glued to the TV.

Presale $15 / Door $17 / The Echoplex / 1154 Glendale Blvd+90026



Nov. 7 / Brainfeeder LA
This event features Flying Lotus, Gaslamp Killer, Kode 9, Samiyam, & more. When you look at Flying Lotus's latest album "Los Angeles" and Gaslamp Killer's lastest "I Spit on Your Grave" it becomes easy to see these cats are at the forefront of a new sound and it's being cultivated right here in LA. If you haven't already, make the discovery.

Cost TBA / Echoplex / 1154 Glendale Blvd.+90026

No comments: